Beating the Clock: 5-Minute Face for Girls on the Go
Who hasn’t overslept (accidentally or on purpose – hey, that Snooze button isn’t going to push itself!) and then found themselves in a mad dash to get out the door? If you need to look polished but FAST, just mix and match from the tips below – you’ll look like you made an effort even if you were stuffing a muffin in your mouth and pulling on your pants at the same time!
Here’s your guide to bare-bones beauty:
1. Skincare: If you skip everything else, just do skincare: moisturize & apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen. After all, UVA and UVB rays don’t take pity on those of us who are running late! Stash a small bottle in your bag if you need to apply on the go. (But not while driving, though. Please.)
Liz’s product picks: Aveeno Continuous Protection, Embryolisse lait crème concentré
2. Tinted Moisturizer: Find your “holy grail” complexion product that is easy and fast to apply – a tinted moisturizer (great for dry skin) can be applied with your fingertips, or a mineral foundation (for oily/combo skin) can be brushed on in no time at all.
Liz’s product picks: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, Fortunate Face Mineral Foundation
3. Spot Coverage: Think spot coverage, not full foundation – pat concealer only where needed. Only powder if & where you need to (you can always touch up later!)
Liz’s product picks: MAC Select Moisturecover, Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer
4. Concealer: A brightening concealer under your eyes and a bit of luminosity in the inner corners will wake them right up, and it only takes seconds!
Liz’s product picks: YSL Touche Éclat, Benefit Eye Bright pencil
5. Curl your lashes: You can even skip mascara if you’re in a rush, but a little curl will make your eyes look much more open.
Liz’s product picks: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
6. Maintain Brows: Grooming your brows will go a long way to making you look finished – if they’re sparse, use a pencil or powder to give them more shape, or you can simply brush them into place using a clear or tinted brow gel.
Liz’s product picks: Satin-finish eyeshadows in neutral taupe shades (any brand), Lorac Creamy Brow Pencil
7. Double-The-Wonderful: You can use certain products on both lips & cheeks to instantly look pulled together (and as though you put more thought into your makeup than you did!) Some lipsticks can even double as blush, but steer clear of any formulas that are glittery or glossy.
Liz’s product picks: Stila Convertible Color, NARS The Multiple
8. Lipstick: If all else fails, slap on some red lipstick – it looks instantly chic!
Liz’s product picks: MAC Russian Red, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in NSFW or Stalker